Friday, July 13, 2007

LOST AND FOUND

Thursday had already shaped up to be a pretty lousy day at work. I was stressed and just looking forward to leaving. But when I got to my car, I noticed that I didn't have my badge with me. And without it, there was no way for me to get out of the parking lot. Plus, I would have to pay $35 to get a new one and have my parking privileges revoked permanently. I would only be allowed to park about two miles away and take a shuttle to and from work. I REALLY didn't want to do that!
So, I went back to my department and retraced all my steps. I went to every room, upstairs into the hospital, even across the street to the restaurant I had lunch. And still, no luck.
After spending about an hour looking for it, I gave up and decided to head home. Luckily, I had a friend let me out of the parking garage and I went home angry and depressed.
But then, I suddenly had a thought that it might have fallen into my backpack since that is the only place I didn't check yet. And sure enough, there it was, on the bottom of all my stuff.
Afterwards, I felt very relieved, but still very angry and upset.
Still, I'm glad to have it back. Praise God!
Comments:
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I actually had to get a new parking card before, but the first time the company will pay for it. Anytime you lose it after, you have to pay for the card. I couldn't find it again! After a day of looking around, I remembered eating at a cafe the night before and so I gave them a call. Turns out it fell out of my purse and that they did have it. Whew! But your penalty sounds much worse than mine if you lose it more than once. Thank God it was found!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]