Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FACEBOOK
I feel so uncool. I know that everybody was originally talking about Friendster. I relunctantly got on that but managed to stay current on that one. But soon, MySpace was the hot thing. Since that was geared more toward a younger crowd, I side-stepped that one.
But now, everybody is on Facebook.
So, when someone asked me to join and be his friend on Facebook, I thought I should do it. It'll keep me current and I wouldn't want to dissapoint my friend by not joining. So, I signed up.
And before I knew it, I've received about 9 invitations to confirm that so-and-so is my friend. I just keep accepting them because they truly are my friends.
But since I'm so uncool, I don't even know what to do on Facebook. I guess you have a Wall that everyone can write on and you can add your hobbies, change your profile, add pictures, and all these other things. But since I haven't had time to sit down and check it all out, all I've done is add my profile picture. I had to do something so it didn't look like I was neglecting my Facebook.
I better get cool in a hurry . . .
Comments:
Don't worry, I'm just as uncool as you.
 
I guess I'm not as cool as you are because I only got 4 invitations so far. We can blame this facebook thing on one guy...he lives in Montebello and his last name starts with a "Z." Hmmm...
 
I have a Facebook account, but I still don't know what I'm doing. I keep getting these invitations for groups, causes, applications, etc... still trying to figure it all out. So time-consuming!
 
It's a good thing you made it while Facebook is still cool.

Spend enough time on it and you'll find there's a lot to do.
 
okay, okay...offering free tuotrials. lesson #1: disappointed has one "s" =)

oh, and as for facebook:

the "wall" is similar to the "testimonial" function on friendster.

you can upload photo albums and "tag" yourself and others (but it's a party foul to tag exceedingly embarrassing pictures of others...karma usually catches up with you).

create invitations like evites using the "events" application.

the "notes" application is similar to a blog.

you can join groups for function as well as for bragging rights (ie CEFC or UCLA: First to 100 Championships!!!)

you may post items like newspaper articles or utube links on your page under "posted items"

the marketplace is an open forum to buy/sell stuff (like craigslist)

the "mini-feed" is your stalker tool for keeping up with the recent actions of all your friends...

on the newer applications, you can post clips of songs you like (iLike), a box so people can leave anonymous comments for you (honesty box), or a box for others to draw in (graffiti), etc.

my favorite tab is "privacy". you can control who is allowed to search for you and what they can do when they find you, limit certain people to viewing only a portion of your profile, etc.

good luck! i can just feel your coolness factor increasing exponentially...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]