Friday, July 06, 2007

BACK TO THE FUTURE

One of the things I love most is nostalgia -- looking back at the past and thinking fondly upon "the good ol' days." Even though I'm young, I often think back because things were so good then. I had no worries and things just sort of fell into place perfectly. But nowadays, things seem to be tough all the time, making me wish things could be like they were.

Back then, I got good grades. I had a lot of friends. The Lakers were winning championships. My spiritual life was good. I got along well with my parents and family. Everybody was healthy.

But in recent years, I loved close family and loved ones. The Lakers have tanked. I've had so many bad days at work. Things don't seem to be going my way personally. I feel like my life has been much tougher.

But I've been thinking a lot about Simon's sermon this past Sunday about not looking back, but looking forward to the future and seeing where God leads. There's nothing wrong with nostalgia, but constantly looking back makes me miss out on what He's trying to teach me now.

Here's to the future . . .
Comments:
Victor, Open your eyes; you have a great life now. You have a beautiful wife -- inside and outside. You have a great job and co-workers you really like. You have close friends who adore you. You have immediate and extended family who share their blessings with you and with whom you can share your blessings. And most of all, you have a heavenly Father who has NEVER let you down and loves you way more than you can ever comprehend. Your life is good, my friend... don't ever forget it!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]