Thursday, June 21, 2007

OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN
Some of you may recall that I left a Chap-Stik in my pocket a while back and ended up throwing it in the laundry. It ruined all our clothes with oily spots on all the shirts and pants we put in with it. After feeling horrible about ruining a lot of Karena's clothes, I vowed to never do it again.
Oops, I did it again.
But this time, it wasn't with a Chap-Stik, but with a pen. Now, all our hand towels in our house and many of our clothes have dark black ink marks throughout.
Again, I feel horrible. But Karena is always so gracious and forgiving about it.
So, the next time you come over and see dark ink stains on our towels, try not to say anything.
Thanks.
Comments:
Hey, just think of it as giving Karena a license to shop. ;) Jesse hasn't done anything like that yet... just ruined a shirt (or two) by putting them in the drier! :-o
 
....I played with your heart, got lost in the game...Oh baby, baby
Oops!...You think I'm in love...That I'm sent from above...I'm not that innocent
 
Victor, I've done that before w/a blue gel pen! It came out though! I had to soak the stained parts in a concentrated solution of laundry detergent and rub a bit, but it came out pretty easily! :)
 
try oxiclean?
 
We actually did use Oxy-clean and it did help, but some of the deeper ink stains stayed.
Next time, I'll use Amy's suggestion and use concentrated laundry detergent to scrub them out.
I just hope there won't be a next time! =)
 
Tip to get rid of ink from garments: rub spot with laundry detergent and either rice or glue back & forth until ink is gone.
Then soak and wash garment in regular cycle with detergent.
 
I used Shout scrub even on set-in ink stains and it worked. But it also sounds like you're getting a lot of good advice already.
 
two more cents. i've never dealt with an ink stain of major proportions, but if it's just a small one, this one saleslady at a department store told me to spray it with hairspray. it worked for me!

btw, way to go on messing up the laundry so that karena won't "allow" you to help out any more (wink). I get you... very slick... slick vic... costly, but slick. too bad karena won't fall for it : )
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]