Tuesday, June 12, 2007


NOSE SURGERY

I think I've neglected to tell many of you about my impending nose surgery coming up this Monday. I haven't meant to hide it. I've just been very busy with many things (including my cousin's wedding on Saturday) that I haven't thought much about it.

Some of you may recall that I snore at night and have trouble breathing when I lie down. That's also why I breathe so loudly even when I'm sitting up. The reason for all this is because I have a deviated septum that severely limits the space of my right nostril.


So, Monday morning, I'm going to have an outpatient surgery to get that taken care of. It may not make me snore less, but at least, I'll breathe better.

The doctor asked that I be off work for two weeks because my job is physically demanding, but I figured a week will be good enough for me.

So, I guess I'll be hanging around at home next week with two big plugs up my nose. I was hoping to be able to run errands and stuff like that, but I don't know if I want to go out in public with two big plugs in my nose. I heard they'll be out by Wednesday so hopefully, I'll be able to go out after that.

If not, I guess I could have a repeat performance of when I had knee surgery and have Luong and Aaron drop by for a surprise visit so we can watch Mariah Carey's "Glitter!"




Comments:
Yay, since I'll be on summer break I can experience Mariah with her biggest fans.
 
Aaron watch glitter? No way! =)
 
You must be talking about another Aaron, huh?! Cause I know you ain't talking about me! =P
 
i can see aaron busting out the high notes
 
Aaron wouldn't watch GLITTER to save his own life...hahahaha...small joke..=)...if you are AW then I am talking about you!
 
Nooooo :O No Glitter!
 
I had the same surgery a few years ago.

It hasn't helped my breathing much more, at least not noticably.

The 1st couple of days of healing is brutal, even when you're sitting up, you feel like you're drowning...b/c of all that blood and the plugs.
 
"Glitter"?? Dude, I thought you would want to recover from surgery.... =P

But let's mix some masculinity in there, eh? Hmm...I'll bring your personal favorite: "Kazaam".
 
hope it heals fast...cuz you can only take so much of Glitter and Kazaam! ;) I've never personally seen either but you couldn't pay me enough to watch either of them!
 
Listen to your doctor! Take the entire two weeks off. No need to be so manly about this.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]