Wednesday, May 30, 2007








KNIGHT RIDER

This past weekend, the strangest thing happened. We were at Garth's for a BBQ when suddenly, we found ourselves all excited about watching an episode from the first season of Knight Rider.
As a kid, I adored this show. I watched it every week and even used an entire Marks-A-Lot marker to "paint" my toy Trans-Am into KITT. I used to open up brand new Band-Aids on my wrist to serve as my Michael Knight watch to talk to KITT. And I had many dreams of someday sitting in KITT and talking to him at Universal Studious. Sadly, the closest I ever got was to see the car from about 30 yards away because the line was too long.
But watching this episode was really a lot of fun. First off all, the episode featured one of Karena's former patients. But even more interesting to me was just how cheesy the writing and acting was. I never noticed as a kid, but Michael Knight was so over-the-top cheesy. Still, I loved it.
Some other things I noticed were that the old guy Devin Miles actually has the same name as Nick Cannon's character in the movie "Drumline." It's weird to think that an old guy and a drumming hip hopper have the same fictitious name.
But I was happy to impress some people with my useless Knight Rider trivia. The two best bits of trivia were: (1) KITT is short of Knight Industries Two Thousand and (2) The voice of KITT is none other than Boy Meets World's Mr. Feeny (aka William Daniels).

Comments:
After we realized that KITT was Mr. Feeny, I just couldn't see KITT the same way as I did as kid. I mean, I like Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World. But my magical perspective of KITT is broken now that I know who is behind the voice. Kind of like seeing the person behind the Mickey Mouse costume :)
 
good stuff hehe :) good memories too :D nicole funny :0)

sidenote: I'm pretty sure knight rider was the reason why my dad owned a red trans am ;D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]