Friday, May 25, 2007

FINDING GOD BOOK

Yesterday was the last scheduled appointment for a patient I had been working with for a few months. She was a middle-aged mother, but we had bonded during our sessions together.

Upon leaving, she handed me a gift that turned out to be a book on how to find God.

In her card, she said something like, "I hope and pray that your life will have true purpose and meaning as you uncover the riches that God has to offer."

I thought the gesture and the leap of faith was great. But then I thought, hmm, should I feel hurt or embarassed or disappointed that she couldn't tell I was already a believer?

Does that say something about me or the way I live my life? Or am I just reading too much into it?
Comments:
You're reading too much into it. :) It just means that she thinks you're cool enough to join the God squad. Haha.

Seriously, though, maybe you can read the book and give it to someone else.
 
I think you should've thrown it back into her face and said, "I'm already a Christian, damn it!"

I always think of the good comebacks later... :P
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]