Friday, April 13, 2007



ROCKY BALBOA

I totally expected this movie to be cheesy (which it was), but I was still looking forward to this movie with great anticipation.

And I have to admit that even though the story is not the greatest, I still found the movie very enjoyable. There is just something about Rocky's simple thinking and big heart in the ring.

At first, I objected to having a to watch a 60-something Rocky climb back into the ring. I thought it was just because Sylvestor Stallone needed more money (or something to satisfy his ego). But now I see why he did it. He was right. Rocky V stunk it up. It was no way to end such a beautiful series about one of the greatest movie characters of all time. I mean, our last view of Rocky is of him knocking out Tommy Gunn in a street fight? Puh-lease.

Now, we have the proper ending. He walks out on his own terms. And at that point, I literally stood up and gave him a standing ovation.

Take care, Rock.


Comments:
Wait...Rocky was IN THE THEATRE??
How cool was that?
 
Gee, can't wait for this old man to once again take the starring role in Rambo IV.
 
I preferred Rambo IV to the steroid pumped Geriatric Balboa (steroids from Australia).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]