Thursday, April 12, 2007


DODGERS GAME
Thanks to Karena's college friends, we sat in the 5th row at Dodgers Stadium on Tuesday night between 3rd base and left field. We were so close that I could hear the ball whizzing by when balls were hit into left field. But the true test to prove that we sat close: even Karena got into the game.
But unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries so this will again be one of those things where I'll only have the mental picture to refer to in my head.
Other quick thoughts about my Dodgers experience:
(1) The extra $5 to park did not make a difference at all. There are still fans walking around everywhere and cars driving everywhere. And we didn't get out any faster than usual.
(2) The overall experience at Angels Stadium is better than Dodgers Stadium.
(3) I'm SO glad the Dodgers decided to put the players' last names on the back of their jerseys.
(4) I wish I were a kid or a hot girl so I could have gotten a baseball from Dodger LF Luis Gonzalez or the batboy. I told Karena to go get one, but she was too late.
(5) The Dodgers garlic fries aren't as good as the ones we had at the Home Depot Center while seeing Dave Matthews Band.
(6) I ALWAYS have to get a Dodger dog whenever I go to Dodger Stadium, even though I know it's overpriced.

Comments:
The pitching by Brett Tomko was amazing. The game was a great pitchers duel and ended up with the Dodgers winning.
As for the season, I don't think it's going to be as good as everybody else says (including SI taking them to the World Series).
But I'm predicting a solid 80 win season.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]