Thursday, April 19, 2007

CRYING
I had a pretty rough day at work today. But what made it worse was my last patient.
Was she especially difficult? Was her pain very involved? Was she mean?
No to all of them.
But was she did do was start crying.
And if there's one life lesson I've learned over the years, it's this: Guys have NO idea what to do once a girl starts crying.
She started crying and I freaked out. I immediately wanted to shower her with "I'm sorry" and "Everything will be okay" and "Don't worry. You WILL get better." But then, I thought that would sound too cheesy. Then, I decided that I should instead say, "Don't cry". But then, that would be patronizing.
So, instead, I just stood there, looking stupid, and said nothing.
Yup, guys definitely have no idea what to do when a girl starts crying.
Comments:
i agree..guys have no idea what to do when a girl starts to cry...it's called COMFORT! Geez, is that so hard! =p If she starts to cry, hold on to her like she might fall apart - girls like a sense of security when everything else seems to be going wrong.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]