Saturday, April 21, 2007

A BAD NIGHT
Last night will go down in history as one of the worst nights I've ever had.
To celebrate the last day of one of our students, we all went out to Q's to shoot some pool, eat some food, and have some drinks together.
But as is the problem with most people our age, the drinking got a little out of hand. And before we knew it, two people in our group were drunk. They needed help walking and going to the bathroom. Soon, one of them was completely gone, including throwing up on herself . . . and on me and the student we were out to celebrate.
Afterwards, the vomiting continued in the parking lot while we waited for my friend to drive them home. Luckily, I got some plastic bags for them to hold, in case more vomiting presented itself.
To be honest, I had never seen someone so drunk before.
As I was driving home, I nearly broke down while praying out loud to God. I began to feel guilty. This type of thing shouldn't have happened on my watch. Since college, I've always prided myself that when people are drinking, I always keep my head so I can be the responsible one when people need it most.
And even though I went so far as to literally take drinks out of their hands, I think I could have done more. And even though I tried to make sure they ate and drank as much water as possible, I felt terribly that the night ended on such a sour note.
Afterward, I couldn't even sleep. And even once I did, I ended up waking up at 2 am and stayed awake until 5 am.
Today, I called everybody and the good news is that everybody is doing okay. I hope and pray that nights like this never, ever happen again.
Comments:
don't feel bad buddy, take pride in the fact that you're mature enough to be the responsible one in the group. It takes a lot of discipline to be the responsible one when everyone around you seems to be having so much fun =).
 
Yea man. Being there is very important.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]