Monday, March 12, 2007

PARTY, MARY AND MARTHA
It's always great to have a party and helping to host Luong's 30th was no different. The weather was hot, the grills (plural!) were on fire (thanks to Enoch), and the people were rolling in.
I'm glad we were able to help LB celebrate (happy birthday to him today!) and accomodate many of his family members and close friends. Hopefully, everybody had a great time.
As for me, it was more stressful for me personally to hold a party for a friend because I wanted everybody to make sure they were well taken care of. From the kids watching Shrek to making sure the temperature was just right, to playing the music people liked (although I did sneak in a little Milli Vanilli just for me), I was noticeably stressed and sweating the whole time.
I've decided that between Mary and Martha from Luke 10:38-42, I'm definitely a Martha. I'm a worker that worries . . . probably about too much. I guess I should learn to be more of a Mary in life, but it's hard to change my nature.
Comments:
i would have had a better time if sc didn't get blown out by oregon. why didn't you help me wiht that?

tyrone
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]