Thursday, March 22, 2007

THE OLDER ARE YOUNGER
This past Saturday, we had a joint meeting between our Young Married Couples Group and the Charis and other adult small groups that included most of our friend's parents.
I was a little worried about how things would turn out, but it was great to speak to people you don't normally get a chance to talk to.
But what I noticed was the parents were extremely friendly and outgoing. They cracked all the jokes, were willing to be hams to get more laughs, and were the ones who needed "Shh"ing to keep the night moving.
Plus, once the evening's program was done, all the young people headed for home. But none of the parents did. They got settled and planned for much more fun because to them, the night was still young.
As we got into the car and said goodbye to our friends, I thought,"This is so sad. We're all leaving and they're staying, reading to have a good time.
The old has become young and the young have become old."
So sad.
Comments:
Haha. My parents were there!
 
My mom was there...I think. If I knew you guys were going to be there, then maybe I would have come :) My mom asked me, but I thought it would just be the adults...er, older adults.
 
my mom & dad were there too! =D Yea, sometimes I think they're a ball full of energy...way more than I can handle.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]