Tuesday, March 27, 2007

DIRTY
When I was a kid, I loved getting dirty. I used to climb the hills in my backyard and roll around in the dirt. I used to slide on the grass. I loved sitting, lying, or even sleeping on the floor. In fact, I remember one time during elementary school, we were playing house (so girly, I know), so I was lying on the floor in my supposed bedroom. My parents happened to be at school for something and were flabergasted that I would lie on the floor. "It's dirty!" they shouted at me. But I didn't think anything of it. After they left, I went back to lying on the floor.
Oh how times have changed.
I wouldn't call myself a neat freak by any means, but I hate to sit outside on the floor now. Even things that people often stand on or have the potential to get dirty like park benches, I hate sitting on. Once I sit on one, I mentally tell myself, "Okay, these jeans are now dirty. I have to take them off and put on something 'clean' when I get home. I wouldn't want to sit on my couch or bed with these jeans on."
How did this change occur? Honestly, I have no idea. But a part of me wishes I were still that crazy kid who was willing to get dirty and not think twice about it.
Of course, I'm sure Karena is glad I'm the latter. =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]