Friday, February 23, 2007


WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
My favorite people to have a conversation with about self-awareness and future plans/goals are Michael and Richard. I still remember a great conversation we had at the Montebello Denny's about 7 or 8 years ago about "who we are" and "who we wanted to be."
Most recently, the three of us had a conversation about what motivated us. For me, even though I'm often hard on myself, am motivated by positive reinforcement. I tend to not do well when people come down on my harshly. Maybe it's the balance between my being hard on myself and other people's positive influence make for a nice all-around motivation tool.
Positive reinforcements help to drive me and influence what I do.
But I'm still inately a relatively lazy person. But I'm trying to change that . . . without being too hard on myself.

Comments:
This is going to sound funny but to motivate myself to exercise... I put stickers on a calendar whenever I exercise and write the number of miles I ran that day next to the sticker. That way at the end of the month I can look at all the stickers and count the number of miles I ran that month... yes, sounds juvenile but it works for me.
Also, I run more regularly when I'm actually training for something... so, having a goal is very motivating for me. :) I try to beat my personal record for the run and not other people. ;) So really I'm just running against myself...haha.
 
Thanks for the compliment!

Btw, did you know that the Boat is closed for renovations? We need an interim place to watch spring training baseball.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]