Friday, February 02, 2007

DREAMS
Last Friday, I neglected to tell my boss about two complaints that occurred from a doctor and a nurse about our PT department. She was unhappy she knew nothing about these cases when the doctor later confronted her about it. And I, of course, felt horrible about the whole thing.
And I think it was this incident, combined with my poor burger challenge showing that led me to having a nighmare at 4 am early Wednesday morning.
I dreamt that some of my co-workers and I were on different teams doing a timed challenge of who could jump off a roughly 50 story building and land on a huge trampoline the fastest. I remember that as I was hanging over the edge of the building, I was so scared because I'm afraid of heights. And that delay cost me a good time. I pleaded toward my boss for a recount or another chance, but she refused. And that got me worried and upset, as she would have to give me an "F" for a letter grade. That got me frantically upset and I began begging, pleading, and wailing aloud . . . both in my dream and in real life.
I ended up screaming out loud and even woke Karena up. She quickly woke me up to keep me from suffering further. And later, that made me think, "I thought you weren't supposed to wake someone up while they're dreaming? But then again, why would you want to make them suffer for longer?"
Anyway, I find it so interesting that dreams mirror real life. My co-worker strongly believes that dreams are ideas/thoughts from the day that you're not done processing. Clearly, this dream was the direct result of actual things going on in my life.
I also find it that such a crazy dream with such crazy ideas would totally make sense to me. I even woke up feeling so scared that I had such a bad score and would glady love the chance to jump off that building again. Then, I thought, what the $%&#!$%?!? What am I talking about? What am I crazy?
Dreams have always fascinated me. But for all my 30 years of fascination, I still have no answers.
Comments:
what if you are so into God by day that you carry it over to the dream world...the bible did say in the end time young men will dream dreams....

jac
 
actually, it's perfectly safe to wake a person having a nightmare. they don't recommend waking a sleep walker...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]