Tuesday, February 20, 2007








ALL-STAR WEEKEND
This has been a fun week in sports for me.
Most people would disagree with me, but I love the NBA's All-Star weekend. And this year was especially great because they wanted it to run smoothly in Las Vegas.
I thought the 3-point shootout was awesome, especially since former UCLA standout Jason Kapono won it. And I even loved the Skills Challenge, even though Kobe couldn't pass (hmm . . . just like in real life). I enjoyed seeing our local guys Jordan Farmar (former Bruin, too!) and Andrew Bynum play well in the Rookie/Sophomore Game. And I always love the Slam Dunk contest. I really loved Dwight Howard's dunk where he put a sticker on the backboard measuring 12'6" high.
And I loved the extra stuff, like Shaq dancing with LeBron and Dwight Howard and Charles beating an NBA ref in a foot race (although they shared that weird kiss on the lips afterward), and all the crazy antics from the dunk contest judges (Jordan, Dominique, Kobe, Dr. J, and Vince(Carter).
The All-Star game itself is just fun to see all those guys clowning around, having a good time, and willing to put on a great offensive show. And it was nice to have a Laker win the MVP award (Kobe, of course).
So, as everybody talks about how the All-Star weekend is so passe now, I say no. For me, I love it! Check out a 2 minute highlight of the entire weekend here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]