Monday, January 15, 2007




A SPORTS RELATED MLK STORY . . . AND A FINAL COMMENT
With today being King Day, I heard an interesting sports-related story about Martin Luther King, Jr. and former USC basketball coach George Raveling.
Before Raveling coached basketball, he was a bodyguard and was fortunate enough to guard King on the day he gave his "I Have A Dream" speech in August 1963.
Afterward, he noticed Dr. King had left his notes on the podium and tried to return it to him.
But Dr. King said, "I don't need them any more. You keep them, George." And to this day, Raveling still has the original copy of Dr. King's notes from that powerful oration.
And finally, I 'll just leave you with this exerpt:
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. "

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]