Wednesday, January 17, 2007












MY ROOM

While Karena was in Lake Tahoe snowboarding recently, I thought I'd take the opportunity to stay overnight at my parent's place and sleep in my old room again, just for old time's sake.

I have to admit that it felt weird initially, but it quickly fit like an old glove. It's a lot like seeing an old friend you've sort of lost touch with. At first, you don't know where to start, but soon, you're talking like you always have.
I felt so comfortable sitting there, listening to music, reading, and talking to my parents. And my parents were as hospitable as always, buying a delicious dinner and making me a gourmet breakfast of eggs, susage, bacon, oatmeal with brown sugar and pancakes covered with fresh berries. It was really awesome!

But this past weekend, we returned to that same room and I had to take down many of my posters in preparation for painting. My parents decided to take down the wallpaper that has lined my room for years and repaint it a nice shade of "sand."

So, down came my Orel Hershiser poster, my Michael Jordan poster, my Shaq pointing to Kobe after his alley-oop dunk against Portland gave them a trip to the 2000 NBA Finals, my Mark McGwire autographed photo (from when he was skinny and with the A's), my Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson autographs, my UCLA poster featuring Charles O'Bannon, Toby Bailey, Cameron Dollar, and J.R. Henderson. I felt like I was looking at my life flashing before my eyes.
I now have all of those posters and collectibles in a bag at my house. I won't throw them away because they're too valuable to me, but I don't think Karena will let me put them up either. Hmm . . . any ideas?

Comments:
How about the garage? Wait.....your garage might end up looking like Rick's.
 
at least snap digi photos of each of them so you can save the files on computer
 
how about in your plant next to the william hung cd?

tyrone
 
Breakfast at the Shen's = excellent crispy bacon
 
Get them nicely framed, then maybeshe will let you put 1 up.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]