Sunday, January 28, 2007

DAY OF EATING
It's become increasing more difficult to get together with friends to catch up and share a meal together. So, to make up for lost time, I tackled three very huge meals all in one day.
Yeseterday, I began my day by meeting up with Michael and Jason at Pasadena's Corner Bakery. It's a huge departure from our usual "ultra-guy" hangout of Clearman's Village (aka, The Boat). But the conversation was flowing smoothly as we all had a chance to share about what's been going on in our respective lives.
I immediately followed up that meal by meeting Garth at his local IHOP for all-you-can-eat pancakes. He challeneged me to a "loser has to pay" competition that I wasn't about to lose, even though I had just finished eating breakfast. So, there we were, just two guys sitting there, eating all-you-can-eat pancakes and nothing else. And since I am a man of my word, I made sure to win (7 and 3/4 pancakes to Garth's 7 pancakes). But again, the best part of the meal wasn't even the food, but the conversation.
Finally, for dinner, Karena and I had the privilege of joining Jason and Debbie for Lucille's BBQ at Victoria Gardens. It's a bit further and the wait was a bit longer (2 hours), but we had a good time catching up with each other better than a short phone call or a simple conversation after Sunday service could ever do.
Yes, it is true that I am a lover of food, but I really felt the time spent with friends was much more meaningful and that's what I cherished most of my food-fest Saturday.
But the breakfast panini, pancakes, and BBQ ribs weren't bad either! =)
Comments:
Hey I love corner bakery and IHOP! Oh and what is it with guys and food eating contests? :P
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
As the ol' saying goes, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." =)
 
Hey now, you hung out with Jason again!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]