Monday, January 22, 2007




DANCING

We had a great Sunday dinner with my family celebrating the birthdays of two of my aunts and one of my uncles.

But the big news I heard at that dinner was that my cousin Tammy and her fiancee Hudson have decided to have some dancing at their wedding.

Since Hudson's dad is a pastor, they wanted to make sure not to have any hip hop or anything that might lead to "dirty dancing." This conversation, of course, made me think of two '80s classic dancing movies -- Kevin Bacon's "Footloose" and Patrick Swayze's "Dirty Dancing."

I hate to admit it, but I love these movies. Even though I know Hudson's dad is nothing like the overbearing father/pastor that John Lithgow's character is in "Footloose" this situation is very reminiscent of that. And hearing them talking about not playing music that would lead to "dirty dancing" made me think of the end of the movie when they play "I've Had The Time of My Life." Wow, this sounds pretty girlie. I should stop typing.

The sad part is that I complied over 8 hours of music for their wedding already and spent countless hours trimming it down to 3-4 hours. Now, I'm going to have to build it back up again in preparation for the dancing. Still, even though it's very time-consuming, I LOVE doing it. It'll be fun. You could say that I'll have the time of my life . . . (Okay, I'm really stopping now).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]