Wednesday, January 31, 2007

COMPUTER HELP
I recently added some things to my computer including a webcam and a wireless router. My family recently got interested in the whole webcam thing so we can look at Caleb online.
Anyway, now my computer is operating much slower. I can't imagine that I've updated SO many programs that it's slowed my computer down. Any other thoughts on what it might be? (I know this one might be hard to answer from this limited information.)
The second problem is that I suddenly am unable to hear the audio when I download videos from such sites like Youtube. I even downloaded the audio drivers again with no success. The weird part is I can still hear my music from iTunes and I still have audio from the videos I have on my hard drive. Any ideas on that one?
The third problem is more of a question. I hear it's possible to transfer your entire iTunes list to another computer. Can I take the iTunes list from my desktop and transfer it to my laptop? That way, I can use it for DJing my cousin's wedding in June. Please help!
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Comments:
Hey Vic,

About your music, you can transfer you itunes by simply installing itunes on your laptop and syncing your ipod to your laptop. it will ask you for your pass code, and just type it in.

As far as your computer...sell it on line and by a mac, thats what i did....:)

Jac

Jac
 
I agree with getting a mac!

-Nathan
 
Regarding the You Tube Audio, I bet if you empty your browser's cache (usually under the preference) and then quit and also restart the computer, that might clear everything enough to allow you to hear audio again.

As for the slow down, well you're on your own for that one. You could go to Task Manager and look at the "Processes" tab to see if there is anything that is running excessively. That's a trial and error process and you'd have to have someone there looking at it to know which ones were okay.

Another thought - how much hard drive space do you have left? If it's less than double your RAM, that could also be a problem since all OSes use some form of virtual memory on the hard drive and when space is tight performance could become an issue. This means deleteing some stuff.

As normally with windows, you probably picked up some form of spyware or malware. Did you convert any CDs from Sony in the last year?

I agree with the other two whole heartedly: Get a Mac.
 
you might also want to try defraging the computer :)
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]