Tuesday, January 09, 2007

THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ALL YEAR ROUND
One thing that amazes me every Christmas is how kind everybody is to each other around the holidays. Between strangers saying "hello" and "merry Christmas" to each other while crossing paths and friends and family getting together, it's a great time.
But why does this type of camaraderie and sense of community have to only be relegated to two weeks out of the year?
One of the best retreats I've ever been to was an Emmanuel Retreat at Tacquitz Pines, Idyllwild where we talked about community. Since then, I've been trying to live my life by instilling a sense of community between everybody I come into contact with.
I'm still a work in progress. But it's that sense of community and that Christmas spirit that I want to demonstrate year-round in 2007.
Comments:
Cheers!
 
Ah yes, the "Tacquitz Pines, Idyllwild!!!" video. Pretty funny stuff.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]