Tuesday, December 12, 2006

HUG OR A HANDSHAKE?
I'm sure most of you guys out there can sympathize with me on this one. The other day I saw an old PT school classmate of mine that I basically haven't seen in about 6 years. I greeted her warmly . . . but then suddenly got very nervous. Should I give her a hug or just a handshake? I couldn't decide.
Since we were only minimally close during school and haven't seen each other in a while, I figured a handshake was more appropriate for her. But, she was a girl, and most girls end up hugging. I couldn't figure it out and there wasn't much time to think it over so I just went with the handshake.
I chose wrong.
I stuck my hand out and she leaned in for a hug. What ended up happening was the most awkward hug/handshake ever.
I was mortified and am still thinking about how badly I had played the situation days later. The moral of this story, I think it's always better to go in for the hug, especially when seeing an old friend whose is a girl. Even if you're wrong, it still ends up looking better than what I did.
Comments:
i'll go with the side hug w/ one arm
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]