Monday, December 11, 2006



GOODBYE BEVERLY HILLS
Karena is done working in Beverly Hills. Her last day was last Friday.
So, that means I won't have to wait for her after work. That means that when I clock out of work, I can actually leave. The truth is that it never bothered me to wait for her. The traffic was better and I enjoyed carpooling together.
As for Beverly Hills itself, I'll definitely miss a few things: I'll miss the crazy Baccarat chandeliers they put up above Rodeo Dr. every Christmas, the bad driving seen everywhere since everybody is looking for parking and not paying attention, running into celebrities, seeing famous places I've only previously seen on TV or in the movies (including the Beverly Hills Hotel and the building that Dr. 90210 works out of), driving in my car or the Lexus and feeling like I belonged for change instead of the old days when I wouild drive there in my Saturn and feel out of place, being able to walk to Crustacean to eat, and of course, getting courtside Lakers tickets.
But most of all, I'll miss being able to pray together with my wife and listen to music in the morning and to talk about our days on the way home. I'll always cherish those times we got to carpool together.
Goodbye, Beverly Hills. Now, you'll go back to being just a show I loved growing up.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]