Thursday, November 09, 2006




WHEATIES


I always thought Wheaties boxes were supposed to feature sports champions and/or winners. And that's what makes people yearn to be on the box and that's what makes collectors yearn to get these special boxes.


For example, I still have my 1988 Lakers championship Wheaties box at home.


But I went out to buy some Wheaties this week and to my surprise, I found a loser on the cover: Alex Rodriguez. Although he is one of the greatest baseball players of all time, he has yet to win a championship and may be best remembered for choking in many post-season appearances, including trying to childishly knock the ball out of a pitcher's glove to avoid being tagged out.


So much for "The Breakfast Of Champions."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]