Friday, November 24, 2006

THANKSGIVING
The plans for Thanksgiving were completely changed after Sandra went into labor.
I was really trying to be in four places at once: (1) Up north to see my nephew face to face; (2) With Karena's family for Thanksgiving dinner; (3) With the Shens for Thanksgiving dinner in Anaheim; (4) With my mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving dinner.
We managed to make 2 out of the 4. I guess that's not bad, although I still felt a little incomplete having not been able to go up north or drive down to be with the Shen extended family.
Still, I was very thankful for being able to cut the ham and carve the turkey since Karena's dad couldn't do it. That was very stressful! I've never been given the honor of carving the turkey and I began to sweat because everybody was watching me. But it turned out fine.
Later, we swung by Tammy and Kimmy's house for a brief visit. We were full of food and good family time. We looked at old photographs and acted silly. It was a lot of fun.
Yes, I DO regret not being able to see Caleb while still in the hospital. And yes, I DO regret not being able to make the drive to Anaheim.
But I am so thankful for the family and friends I DID get to see on Thursday.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]