Monday, November 20, 2006

SERMON
I've been thinking a lot about sermons lately. I was so impressed with Richard Lew a few weeks ago when he literally put together an entire sermon on Jonah in 5 minutes, while pinch hitting for our guest speaker who was ill. I'm very thankful for the way he organizes his thoughts and gets God's message out there simply and eloquently.
Then, this past Sunday, Pastor Rich spoke about knowing the Bible better. Every time he speaks, I thankful that he's our Youth Pastor because he's able to simplify many passages into some practical, easy to understand life lessons. And that's great for youth and great for everybody else too!
He convicted me to read my Bible more regularly. I'm not sure if it's just backlash from last year, where I read the entire Bible over the course of the year, but I'm just not as diligent this year. It's been much harder to read it on a consistent basis.
So, my verse for today is:
2Tim 3:16: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness
Comments:
Hey, WTG on reading the Bible all the way through last year, man! (haha, thanks for reading my blog...at least someone does! ) Or as my husband annoyingly says... Way to Grow! ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]