Sunday, November 26, 2006

NOT MY BEST BUY
Some of you may recall that I've always loved waking up early to shop on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now, I wasn't crazy enough to camp out all night for electronics, but I did go to the now-defuct Robinsons-May to get some great deals.
And last year, Karena and I, along with Sandra and Gabe, made the mistake of going to Camarillo's Midnight Madness sale where we waited for nearly 3 hours just to get IN to Banana Republic and waited another hour and a half to pay. By the time we got home, I jumped in the shower, got dressed, and went to work. After that I decided: No more Friday after Thanksgiving shopping.
But there I was, waking up at 2 am, getting ready to go to Best Buy after getting temped by a $350 laptop and some other amazing deals. I figured, if I got there well ahead of the 5am opening time, I'd be assured of getting some of these good deals.
Well, again, I learned that I should just stop doing the Friday after Thanksgiving shopping. I did not get any of the Best Buy best buys because they were all gone, even though I stood in the blistering cold for nearly three hours before going to work.
So, please help me. If I tell you I want to go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving, I give you permission to smack me upside the head. Thanks.
Comments:
Blistering cold?

Taken from weather.com:

Edmonton
Detailed Local Forecast

Today: Bitterly cold. Cloudy with some light snow. High -2F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Tonight: Bitterly cold. Cloudy with some light snow. Low -8F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Tomorrow: Bitterly cold. Light snow during the morning will give way to a few snow showers during the afternoon. Dangerous wind chills approaching -30F. High -3F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Tomorrow night: Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy with snow flurries and snow showers possible. Low around -15F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]