Tuesday, November 21, 2006


THE MATRIX
One of my all-time favorite movies was the first Matrix movie. I have called it many times "the most perfect movie I've ever seen." In fact, on the day of my wedding, while Karena was probably getting her hair and make-up done, I was sitting at home watching "The Matrix" until it was time to go. And even though I was obviously excited about the wedding, I had a hard time prying myself away from the movie to put on my tux. (Shhh! Don't tell my wife.)
But after waiting for the second movie "Matrix Reloaded" with great anticipation, I was sadly disappointed. The story got more confusing with different characters and an overall different feel. I was hoping for an "Empire Strikes Back" moment and instead got a "Speed 2" one.
But what killed a lot of the buzz for me was hearing how terrible the third movie "Matrix Revolutions" was. I was at least hoping for a thrilling conclusion to the story. But I ended up never seeing it in the theaters or ever renting it . . . until this last weekend.
And after watching it, I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought, but I was still overall disappointed in the trilogy. Neo does fulfill the prophesy as the Christ figure/savior/martyr, but I was still left disappointed.
How could a trilogy that started out so great end up so poorly?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]