Thursday, November 02, 2006

LEADERSHIP
One thing I feel God always is trying to teach me is leadership. I feel especially weak in this area, so God keeps putting me in situations of leadership so that I can learn and hopefully step up.
Most recently, as one of the senior PTs at work, there was a situation amongst the other seniors that required addressing. As the unofficial lead senior, I knew it was my turn to step up and speak out.
And I choked.
I clammed up.
And that's killing me.
Now, I'm trying to do my best to fix the situation, despite my mistake.
I guess there's still much more for me to learn.
Comments:
Just visualize yourself in that Captain's uniform you wore during the Children's Missions Conference.
 
or think of yourself as Superman! Haha, j/k... No, really Victor I want to affirm your gift of leadership.
 
If I had the opportunity to tell my seniors something, I would lay the freakin' smack down on them! Take advantage man!
 
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

- 2 Corinthians 12:9

How's your love of Christ lived out in faith and servanthood going?
 
We can only succeed if we fail; take it from MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mMioJ5szc
 
Much as you hate reading, here's a current list of 30 books on leadership from the Society for Inforamtion Management. I've read three of the books on the list so I've got a ways to go. But the three that I read were really good.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]