Tuesday, October 24, 2006

TROUBLE AT WORK
I'm growing increasingly more frustrated with a guy at work whom we'll name "Joe."
Now the problem is that Joe out-ranks me so I feel like I can't say anything to him. Plus, my nature is already one where I usually just let things go without saying anything.
But slowly things have been building. I detest how he rarely does actual work during the day. And that work ends up on me. Plus, he always has to get the last word in because he feels he's always right. Plus, I disagree with the way and tone in which he says things.
After feeling very frustrated about it all week, I thought I'd feel better walking into work on Monday. I prayed a short prayer, "Lord, please forgive me for the way I've thought about Joe. Help me have a better attitude towards him." I figured the two days away from him would make things okay again.
But they didn't.
After Monday, I realize I've become very disgruntled.
And now, I've also begun to have frustrations toward another co-worker who also hasn't been pulling his own weight, again giving me more work to do.
What do you think I should do? I feel like God has been using these two individuals to teach me something. I just hope I learn it soon.
Comments:
Vic, I think you should speak up but in a way that is acceptable to others. Sometimes people take advantage of others or get into a habit of doing what they do because they figure those people are too noble or too timid to fight back. Just say something like if you do not mind, I would appreciate if you do not stack extra load at the end of the day as you are already loaded with your own work. Or say something like I may be wrong, but I feel that I was being intimated by the way you talk to me etc. You are more eloquent than me so you can say things much better than me. It is only a job. If it gets worse, switch. Your happiness is more important than anything else.
 
I was in a simular situation before. Let God fight your battles, but be proactive in leting the people who can make 'personel changes' know. A casual conversation to a superior who knows you do a good work explaining why you feel burnt our goes a super long way. I agree with mom that you can not let people take advantage and you need to speak 'eloquently'. Christ was not timid maybe God is teaching how faith truly works. As and you shall receive. Ask not and receive not.jac
 
"Be wise as serpents and innocent as doves"
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]