Saturday, October 14, 2006


FRIDAY THE 13TH

As Victor's wife, I have the honor of blogging on his site for the day :)

It seems that even if we don't really believe in Friday 13th, it always seems to evoke some emotion from people any time the phrase is brought up. I have to say that though it ususally has negative connotations for me, this Friday the 13th was pretty great!

(1) I have officially put in my resignation!!! I feel that God has been preparing me to leave this job for quite some time now. Doors have been opened and I have almost been pushed thru them, but not in a bad way. I plan to work at my current office through November, then be off to help my parents for a while, then work in the valley after the New Year.

(2) Victor and I were able to eat dinner with some of my favorite coworkers (old and current) Friday night. The food was from Stonefire Grill; it was great... but being able to hang out again, tell stories, and just enjoy each other's company was even better. I was sad when we had to leave.

(3) Victor's car has been having a problem lately. Whenever we drive, it feels like the wheels are wobbling. Earlier in the day, I was thinking whether we could get a flat tire from the uneven wear. Well, I must be psychic, because we noticed that the wobbling was oddly different after the got off the freeway last night at midnight. We had a flat tire that was even coming off the rim. Though the overall experience sucked, God was definitely watching over us - without a doubt. (i.) This happened when both of us were in the car - we were able to work together. (ii.) It happened at the end of the day after the rain had stopped; it didn't keep us from getting to work, appointments, or even to dinner earlier that night. (iii.) It happened after we got off the freeway - that would have been so much worse. (iv.) It was right in front of Ralphs where we were able to pull in and have plenty of lighting and a safe place to change a tire. (v.) We couldn't get the bolts to loosen and thought we would have to tow the car. God provided a stranger who showed us how to kick the tire iron to better loosen the bolts. (vi.) Ralphs was less than a mile from home, so even though our spare tire was SUPER LOW on air pressure and the rim was practically touching the ground (it did when we made turns), we were able to get home safely. (vii.) I happened to borrow my dad's electric tire pump months ago and never returned it. We used it to pump the spare tire up: it was only at 15 psi and we needed to get to 60 psi! (viii.) And for the GRAND FINALE (drum roll) ... : Costco had a coupon for tires that became valid starting TODAY!!! God is good. Praise Him!!!
Comments:
Karena, if you didn't say you wrote this blog, I'd still think it was Vic. Indeed, praise God.
 
K:

Awesome to hear about your new job change. And praise God for that and all the other goodies.

J-man
 
I love Costco!

V
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]