Wednesday, September 13, 2006


10 YEARS LATER
There have been a lot of famous people who have come and gone in my lifetime. I have never met these people, but somehow I manage to miss them. One such person you might not expect me to miss much is rapper Tupac Shakur. But everytime one of his songs comes on the radio, I usually find myself saying out loud, "It's too bad he's dead."
Time sure flies. Today marks the 10 year anniversary of his death. And to commemorate the day, many of the local hip hop stations have been playing his music non-stop.
To me, he was a little different than other gangsta rappers. Sure, he said and did a lot of bad things that I wouldn't condone. But I felt that he was trying to get his life right. He was trying to figure it out. He had a rough life but managed to see things very clearly. The problem is, I don't know if he quite got to where he wanted to be in his life, but I felt he was indeed trying. And that's what I valued about him most.
So, here's to one of the greatest lyricists of our time.
Hey Pac, if you were a true believer, then I DO think heaven's got a ghetto for you. Rest in peace.
Comments:
hey vic, i think 2pac is a Washington fan in that cd cover...haha just kidding!

-garth
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]