Sunday, August 06, 2006

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
This past Saturday, I went to a wedding for one of my PT school classmates. We were pretty close friends and carpool buddies back then, but we haven't kept in touch as much over the last few years. So, when Karena suddenly had to miss the wedding ceremony to be with some relatives that came into town, I thought about not going either. But I think it's so WRONG for people to only go to the reception (for the free food, I'm sure) and not go to the ceremony.
So, I drove myself out to West Covina to attend the one and a half hour ceremony. Unfortunately, for me, my other PT school classmates didn't attend the ceremony so I was left to sit there by myself the whole time. The whole time I was there, I just kept thinking how much I missed Karena and would never take her presence for granted again. (I ocassionally get overly excited when I see old friends that I talk to them more and ignore Karena little bit. We've had talks about this and I'm working on it.)
But sure enough, when we got the dinner at Almansor Court, I got all giddy to see my old PT school friends that I went over there to shake hands and give them hugs. But along the way, I left Karena there to introduce herself. I was so disappointed in myself.
Just a few hours earlier, I had vowed never to take my beautiful bride for granted, and yet now, here I was doing it again.
What a wretched man I am!
Comments:
don't be too hard on yourself--unfortunately, a lot of people do this.
 
Jess-man says:

Yes, you should feel bad, but just know I'm still learning "teamwork" with Tammy on this whole social stuff.
Even this year, when I'm coming up to 9 years of marriage! :P
 
hey, Victor... Jesse neglected to mention that he sometimes forgets to introduce me too! But me being the extrovert that I am won't stand for that so I just do it myself!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]