Friday, August 18, 2006

WATCHING A BASEBALL GAME LIVE
I was fortunate enough to land 4 Dodgers tickets for Tuesday's night game against the Marlins. I was excited to see the Dodgers in person since they've suddenly been on a tear. Even though I had to make several calls, I ended up going with a great group of guys - Enoch, Gary, and Jason.
My theory on watching baseball games live is you have to know how to do it. And these guys are all experienced baseball watchers so I knew I wouldn't have any problems. See, I know and understand that the game can be boring with long stretches of inactivity. So, you have to be able to have meaningful conversations with the guys while the game is still going on. Obviously, if something exciting happens, you break the conversation to cheer or boo. But then, it's right back to the conversation.
It's really one of the best ways for guys to communicate because you can talk deeply without having to look a person in the eye, which can be scary for some people. You can keep watching the game and still feel like you know the guys better.
And of course, you can have a lot of time for joking while making a mess while you eat. We had fun throwing peanut shells everywhere and yelled and screamed at will. It's guy fun at its best.
Plus, the guys were smart enough to buy some 99 Cent Store peanuts and some sodas beforehand so we could eat for cheaper!
I love going to baseball games with these guys!
Comments:
The bonus is that it's always healthier when Gary brings food...whether we like it or not.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]