Friday, August 11, 2006

SECURITY ALERT
It's going to be tough for me not to bring my toiletries bag in my carry-on bag since it's a red-eye flight. I always pack my toothbrush and contact lens stuff so that when we land, I can freshen up and feel more human in the morning. But I guess after yesterday's thrwarted terorrist attempt, that will no longer be the case. And I would always bring some water with me to keep me hydrated, but I guess that's out too.
But enough about my selfishness. This story is not about me anyway. I'm glad they prevented the terrorist plot. And I'm glad that security is stepped up in the wake of 9/11 and its aftermath.
So, as unpopular as it is, I agree with racial profiling. Since the terrorists have all been young Middle Eastern men, I say we search all of them. I know it's unfair and unpopular. But I say we search all young men (including me), and especially those of Middle Eastern descent. At this point, it's not trying to be racist, but we have to do what's best to protect the country.
I'm sure many of you disagree, but I'm just tired of seeing TSA workers search a little 3 year old's Hello Kitty bag for explosives or the 80 year old's purse for bombs while letting others go without even a look.
Comments:
So you really want to be searched? Do you want airport security to ask, "Sir, can you remove your belt please?" Do you want to run through the airport as your pants fall down and pretty much drag on the floor? Okay, that was pretty funny. I enjoyed it too.
 
big inconvenience but like you said better safe than sorry. i think that everyone should be searched of all ages and backgrounds because who's to say that the terrorists wouldn't try something different. i mean they are ready to die for their calling and i wouldn't doubt it if even a female or another family member were to go through with a suicide all for their cause. even the youth are so willing to "honor" Allah
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]