Thursday, August 10, 2006





SAVE SCREECH'S HOUSE

I know that there is terrorism in the world and you're suddenly not allowed to bring any beverages or shampoo on board an airplane, but somehow, today, I'm in the mood to talk about Saved By the Bell's Screech Powers. I'm sure you all remember him -- the nerdy side-kick to Zack and Slater.

Anyway, apparently, he and his wife feel upon hard financial times after the passing of their infant child. The medical bills piled up and now they are going to be losing their house if they can't raise enough money quickly. So, Dustin Diamond started selling autographed shirts to help save his house. The shirts cost $15. The sad part is that the Saved By the Bell big-wigs own the rights to the name "Screech" so Dustin Diamond had to spell it "Speeech." Now, how sad is that?

I feel bad for the guy, and he provided lots of laughs for me growing up, but unfortunately, I didn't feel inclined to spend $15 to help him out. I hope this doesnt' make me seem like a bad person.

If you feel so inclined, you can check out this site. (please note, there is some explicit language. Apparently, my little Screech has grown up and gotten a dirty mouth!)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]