Wednesday, August 16, 2006

EXPECTATIONS
Life is all about expectations. If you go in with low expectations, you get pleasantly surprised. But if you go in with high expectations, you usually find yourself disappointed.
I remember 10 years ago when everybody was raving about "Forrest Gump." I was so excited to see it that I ended up not liking the movie very much. My expectations were too high.
On Monday and Tuesday, I spent the whole day sitting on my rear while trying to stay awake during hospital orientation (I also work at a different hospital on my off-day and some weekends). It was so boring. But the worst part was that I was told it would end at 3pm, only to find out later that it ended at 4pm. That last hour was pure torture. In fact, I ended up leaving early the next day because I just couldn't stand it. Even though I knew, I still ended up having the 3pm end time in my mind.
Comments:
You are 100% right. Expectation management is something I have down pat for movies, but I'm still working on the right perspective on some of the more "big ticket" parts of life...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]