Sunday, August 20, 2006




ESCONDIDO
For about 15 years, our family has been enjoying my aunt and uncle's time share in Escondido at the Lawrence Welk Resort.

During those years, we crammed three families into the two bedrooms and the living room. It was tight, but we felt it was more cozy than anything else.

Those vacations were so much fun as we played cards together, ate BBQ outside, swam in the different pools, played ping pong & basketball, watched movies, etc. It was many of those times that I truly cherished in my childhood.

So, when my aunt said she had told her timeshare and that this trip would be our last to the resort, I knew I had to go. My dad and I drove out Wednesday night after work and stayed until Thursday evening. The drive wasn't bad. The resort was much nicer, as they've added a water slide, newer villas, and nicer gym equipment. But still, the best part is hanging out with my cousins and getting each other into trouble.

As I drove away, I took one last look at the place and reminisced about all the good times we shared there. I was sad that Karena couldn't make it out since her dad went back into the hospital (more on that one tomorrow). I wanted to show her more of my past. But she'll just have to settle for me telling her the stories . . . over and over and over again!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]