Wednesday, August 30, 2006

CRAZY WEEKEND PART III
After going to bed after 4:30am, I forced my eyes open at 7am to get ready for breakfast with my parents. It was nice to hang out with my parents and I loved the french toast with fresh fruit my mom made.
Sunday morning was the final weekend of the month, which meant it was the last time I'd be leading worship this year. I was obviously tired, but I managed to keep my place while doing the Scripture reading (unlike last week). Plus, I still got in a joke that got some chuckles, although Daryl did say afterwards, "You're definitely more funny when you're not as tired." I had to agree with him.
I ran a few errands in the afternoon, but still was able to make it home for a quick 40 minute nap with the baseball game on the background. There is nothing better than taking a Sunday afternoon nap with a baseball game on TV turned on purposely so you can fall asleep to it!
Anyway, I again forced myself out of bed to make the salad for our Young Married Couples group that was meeting at Liz and Steven's at 5pm.
Since 3 of the 10 people would be missing, I opted to break away from our discussion about our Communication in Marriage book, and we spent the night drawing out a timeline of our Christian growth over the years we've been married.
I was pleased to see that marriage has overall been good for my spiritual life. But I could also see how tough situations like Karena's dad's health issues have caused me to struggle and stumble at times.
I surprisingly ended the evening by staying up late, practicing guitar in preparation for leading worship on Sunday (something I haven't done in about 5 years).
It was a great weekend. I'm ready to do it all over again! =)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]