Monday, August 14, 2006

COMMUNITY
One of the best retreats I ever went on was my last Emmanuel Retreat where the speaker talked about community. For whatever reason, I really took talk to heart and since then, I've really valued the people at church and the friendships I have with them.
Since then, I've tried my best to get to know people and to have meaningful conversations with them. I've tried to help them out when needed. I'm obviously not perfect and I do sometime stay within my comfort zones, but I try.
It's been more than a week, and I find myself still thinking about going to Noodle Planet two Sunday ago. It was a good group -- Nathan and Sinath, Tammy (on her last official day at CEFC), Liz and Steven, Tiffany, Suzanne, Garth, Enoch, Nathan Cheung, and Karena and me. During these Sunday lunches, I find myself always taking a step back for a minute just to take it all in. I just stay quiet and look at everybody and thank the Lord for their presence in my life. True friendship like what we have at church is very rare. And I treasure it bigtime. I treasure it like you wouldn't believe.
Speaking of Tammy and Jesse, I do miss them dearly. . .
Comments:
such great conversation topics that sunday too....like competitive eating, poopie diapers, and other bowel movement subjects...haha

btw, my mom still makes better fried rice than the noodle planet's thai fried rice!! haha

-gt
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]