Thursday, July 20, 2006

WONDERLIC TESTING
As part of my new employee screening (I'm working some weekends here and there at another hospital), I had to do a health screen and take some computer tests.
First off, I had to pee into a cup. Is there anything more unnatural than that?
But anyway, the point of this blog entry is that I ended up having to take the Wonderlic test. As some of you sports fans may recall, that test made news when former Texas quarterback Vince Young scored extremely low on the test. It's supposed to measure how rapidly you learn, how complex a material you can master, and what kind of decisions you can make during challenging situations. It consists of 50 questions that must be done in 12 minutes. Needless to say, it's a test of math, verbal, and reading that you take under the biggest time crunch. Think Jack Bauer and the SAT put together.
Here are some sample questions from the Wonderlic IQ test, as posted by ESPN.
Even I couldn't finish the test in time and I felt extremely pressured the whole time as I watched the clock tick down. I started thinking that maybe Vince Young isn't so dumb after all. I mean, it's a pretty hard test.
But the disappointing part is that the Human Resources wouldn't let me see my results and couldn't even give me a hint as to how I did.
Now, I'll never know how smart (or dumb) I really am.
I jokingly told him, "I hope I did better than Vince Young." He chucked and said, "You did fine."
Comments:
Wonderlic sounds like some sort of designer salt lick for animals, or a really poor street name for a drug.

I'm glad you didn't fail? Rock on, uncle Victor!

J=man
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]