Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MY LIFE?
When I was a kid, we liked to watch Tom Hanks' show "Bosom Buddies." The theme song is Billy Joel's "It's My Life." After the song played and it went to commercial, my mom said, " I think that song is all wrong. It's not MY life. My life is my kids and my parents. In the same way, your life is mine and dad's, not yours."
At the time, I just blew off what she was saying because I wanted to watch the show. But obviously, her words have remained with me because I still remember that day. As her children, we represent her in everything we do. Whether I was out with my friends, in school, on a date, or by myself, I was a Shen and I was their child and I had that high standard and reputation to uphold.
The same is true of our calling to be ambassadors of Christ Jesus. We are called to be the Jesus of our workplaces, homes, churches, the freeways we drive on, everywhere. This life is not ours because we were paid for by an extremely steep price.
No, this life is not ours. This life belongs to God to work in us and through us to bring about His will. Amen.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]