Tuesday, July 11, 2006






LAS VEGAS
1. The Wynn is still not all that great. But their buffet, although expensive ($26/person), is pretty nice. It's got all different kinds of foods -- chinese (including porridge), sushi, carved meats, Italian, breakfast, etc. They had the biggest peaches I've ever seen. Plus, they had some amazing desserts and some smoothies that came in little tiny shot-like glasses. One table had enough glasses to go across their table (see above).
2. The Bellagio Conservatory is still the place to be. This time, they made miniature replicas of American's greatest monuments and buildings including the Bellagio itself (complete with working LCD screen, see above), the Capitol Building, Washington Monument, Mount Rushmore, etc. It's still a must-see everytime you go to Vegas.
3. Redwood Bar and Grill inside the California Hotel is still the place to eat. Their prime rib is still the best we've ever tasted. And somehow, no matter who is or who isn't there, we end up having the best time with non-stop laughter.
4. When I got gas from the "ghetto" gas station we always go to, the attendant was a middle-aged black guy who said, "You from LA? I know you be diggin' my gas since it's so cheap. What you pay at home? $3.15? (Expletive) What kind o' gun you bring with you to pump gas? Since I know you'd have to be stealing the gas 'cause no one in their right mind would pay those kinds of prices!" It was hilarious!
5. On the drive home, we listened to my iPod and I am sad to report that I got stumped on many song requests made by Enoch and Judy and Angela. But I've been working on it and . . . well, let's just say my Color Me Badd collection is now complete!
6. We saw former New York Knick great Walt Frazier at the Wynn. I heard he had a recent stroke, but he looked pretty good.
Comments:
Wooo! Color Me Badd!!!

...and WHAT is Luong doing in that picture?!
 
So if I church planted in Vegas, it seems I'd be able to get a steady stream of visitors from CEFC :P

Sounds like lots of artificially created oasis fun!

J-Man

Luong is doing that radical thing all cool ppl do...freals...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]