Tuesday, July 04, 2006








FAMILY GATHERING IN SAN DIEGO

I have to admit that when Karena and I piled into the car with my dad this past Saturday in route to our cousin Justin's home, I wasn't too excited. I figured the traffic would be terrible and it'd be 4 hours or more wasted on the road just for one meal.

Boy was I wrong! We ended up having a great time with family that we don't get to see very often anymore. I really cherished the conversation we had about our jobs, our lives, our hopes for the future, etc. Sometimes we were talking about serious matters, other times we were joking.

But in the end, the 5 hour round trip drive was a small price to pay for spending such quality time with our family. Thanks to Cousin Justin & Bernie for opening up their beautiful home. Their place is amazing! Just check out the photos! BTW, Justin helped design that pool and it won some award and was even featured in a magazine!

Also, best dish of the day goes to my uncle Ernie's lobster dish. He cut potatoes in half to look like a small sand island. Attached to it was a carrot with a green bell pepper cut into the shape of leaves to resemble tropical palm trees. The lobster was cut in half with the shredded meat coming out of the middle. It was not only beautiful, but delicious. Great job! (Sorry, my picture doesn't do it justice.)


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]