Monday, July 24, 2006

CONTENT
One lesson I feel I've learned about the Chrisitan life is that God provides for us abundantly. That, in theory, should allow us to be content with whatever we have, or more imporantly, to be content with whatever we don't have. Over the years, I've had to learn to be content with no money, no girlfriend, no job, no direction, no friends who really understood how I was feeling, etc. Wow, thank God that didn't all happen at the same time! =)
Anyway, my co-workers often talk at work about how our jobs do not faily compensate us for all the work and money we put into it. For example, PTs who got their education from a private school ended up paying roughly $100,000 for the entire three year program. And now, that we've put in the time and money (not to mention payng hundred to thousands of dollars for American Physical Therapy dues, continuing education classes, licensing fees, and other expenses), we still get the shaft. We make VERY little money as opposed to the other health care professionals who also went to a three year graduate school for training.
Needless to say, this fact has left many of us disgrunted. But I'm trying to learn to be content with what I have. After all, I have a great life -- I belong to a great church with a true community around me of friends and loved ones, I have a beautiful wife, wonderful parents, a nice house, a nice car, more clothes than I will ever wear, etc.
What do I have to complain about? There's more to life than just "keeping up with the Joneses."
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]