Sunday, July 23, 2006

BIRTHDAY DAY
We celebrated three July 21 birthdays yesterday, which made for a really festive day.
In the morning, over 50 people woke up early to celebrate Eunice's birthday at Mimi's Cafe in Monrovia. In addition to Mimi's delicious breakfast, the day was made complete with a funny game that Jason and I helped host . . . and a winner of a prize in some Svenhard's danishes (or at least I thought they were a good prize!) One of the nicest parts for me was being able to socialize with CEFCers for an extended period of time, and not jus the 15 minutes between service and Sunday school.
Afterwards, Karena and Bonnie met up at a Starbucks to talk and pray for each other. I didn't want to bother them so I drove to the Four Points Sheraton across the street and enjoyed their free air conditioning and a comfortable leather couch in their lobby. Their A/C was good I was beginning to feel a little cold! That was one of the highlights of the day!
Little did I know that I would miss that cold feeling later that night when we went to CPK in Pasadena to celebrate Liz and Steven's birthday. I still can't over the fact the happy couple have the exact same birthday -- same day, same month, same year, same everything! Anyway, any thoughts of stealing some of CPK's free A/C were dashed when we walked in to find out their A/C was broken. We literally sweated it out there for 3 hours, but still managed to have a good time.
Comments:
yay for july bdays :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]