Friday, June 30, 2006

WAITING
I'm usually a pretty patient guy when it comes to having to wait. But yesterday really took the cake.
I was excited to go take Karena's car into Lexus for servicing because they have a really nice snack area with Edible Arrangements fresh fruit, chilled water, Starbucks coffee, chocolate covered fruits, etc. Plus, they have some really comfortable leather couches, the LA Times, an internet accessible laptop, magazines, and a big TV. Having to wait the hour and a half they promised me would be a breeze. But the hour soon turned to two and then three. Then, they told me they would have to re-do all my paperwork over because of a price adjustment. Meanwhile, I had promised to meet Jason for lunch and he had been waiting outside my house under the blazing sun for a long time. I was so upset and yet, I didn't have time to yell at anybody because I was so late.
After eating with Jason for literally 15 minutes, I was off again. This time, I had to go to the dentist. He was going on vacation soon so his waiting room was full and he was running really behind. I waited in the waiting area for 45 minutes past my appointment time before being called to the back. Then, I waited another 35 minutes before he came to say two words to me while numbing me. Then, he left me another 25 minutes. Finally, I got upset and he came back in and did the 2 minute procedure before I left angrily.
In total, I had spent over 6 hours just to get the car serviced and to have a 2 minute dental procedure done.
What a waste of a day off!
Comments:
Awww, Vic, I was only waiting for about 20 min.(really). Next time I'll make myself useful by getting rid of your resident gopher.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]