Thursday, June 29, 2006

ENVIRONMENTALIST?
I would call the co-worker I mentioned in the last blog, not a racist, but a generalist. But sometimes rash generalizations like that get you in trouble too!
Now, check out this story about Karena's 23 year-old, typical Beverly Hills patient that we'll call "Timmy."
Timmy: I just came back from seeing Al Gore's documentary on global warming. You should check it out.
Karena: Yeah, I'm sure I'll rush right out to see Gore talk for 90 minutes.
Timmy: Are you so selfish that you don't even care about the environment? That attitude is what he talks about in the movie.
Karena: No, I care about our world. I just don't want to see the movie.
T: Let's take SUVs, for example. Those things are gas guzzlers and waste energy. Do you have one?
K: Yes I do, but I have it for a good reason that I don't need to get into. (If we have kids in the future, neither one of us will have to bend so far down to get them in/out of the car seat since we both have extremely bad backs)
T: Well, then you don't care about the environment.
K: What kind of car do you drive?
T: I don't drive.
K: What about your parents? What do they drive you around in?
T: (relunctantly) A Range Rover.
K: What kind of mileage do you get on that?
T: 8-9 miles a gallon. But I wasn't happy about them buying it.
K: I get 18-19 gallons easily on my car. And if you're so concerned about the environment, why don't you refuse to ride in the Range Rover and walk instead?
T: (wanting to change the subject quickly) Let's talk about recycling then.
K: I recycle all my cans and bottles, newspaper, cardboard (even the cardboard roll after you're done with the toilet paper), junk mail. How about you?
T: Umm . . . I don't even know if I get mail. My mom sorts it out.
K: What about the beer bottles or juice cartons?
T: I don't drink at home and my parents and maid deal with the trash.

So, for a guy who was on his high horse about environmental issues, he sure didn't have a leg to stand on when it came to challenging Karena.
Comments:
good for you, karena!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]